We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy covers the personal data that INEOS TEAM UK collects whenever you interact with us, including when you use our websites and apps, when you attend events at INEOS TEAM UK headquarters in Portsmouth, and when you contact us via email or phone. It also covers personal data that we may receive from third parties associated with the team.
We may change this policy in the future and will contact you via email to confirm any changes. The latest policy is dated 14/05/2018.
What we collect
INEOS TEAM UK collects whenever you interact with us, including when you use our websites and apps, when you attend events at INEOS TEAM UK headquarters in Portsmouth, and when you contact us via email or phone.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, and other information relevant to customer requirements
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us
- your browser or device information
- information about your use of our websites and apps
Why INEOS TEAM UK has your personal data and how we use it
This section explains the reasons why we have your personal data and our legal basis for doing so.
If you’ve opted-in to receive information from the team by ticking a box on one of our websites or signing up at an event then we’ll provide this information to you by email, text, or phone.
What we do with the information we gather:
We rely on your consent to process information about your use of our websites, apps and social media sites, so that we can improve your browsing experience and deliver online advertising and team information that is relevant to you
Examples of how we use your data:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may send you some types of direct marketing, including by email and post
- We may respond to your comments or complaints
- We may use the information to tailor our websites and communications for you by collecting information about your engagement with us online
How we share your personal data:
- With commercial partners, so they can advise us how best to communicate with you on their behalf. However, we do not give your data to partners for them to communicate with you directly
- With Facebook, so that we can display relevant advertising to you on their platform
- With third party suppliers involved in: data insights; website hosting; online personalisation; advertising; systems maintenance and database management
How long will INEOS TEAM UK retain your data
- INEOS TEAM UK will retain your data until the end of the next America’s Cup on 1st April 2021
- INEOS TEAM UK have physical and electronic safeguarding procedures in place to keep your information secure by preventing unauthorised access or disclosure to your date.
Controlling your data
You may choose to restrict or change the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If we ask you to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.